Monday, April 20, 2009

Twenty Three

 23!  Yes I have survived a whole 23 years of life!  I'm starting to get nervous because I'm starting to realized how fast time really does go by.  I was having a discussion with my friend, who is also turning 23 soon, about when people ask me how old I am I just say 23.  I don't really think about it.  It's almost like word vomit.  "Twenty Three".  In my mind I think I really want to say 21 because I feel like I'm in Neverland where no one gets older.  No one is allowed to be older then 21.  I'm not sure why that's the rule but in my head anything over 21 just isn't allowed.  Rachel and I discussed how 23 is still so young, and I know when I'm 50 I'll wish I could just say I'm 23.  I am really happy with my age.  I feel very comfortable here.  I think my mind still wants to believe I'm 21 still because if I believe I'm younger then I am I wont have to get older?  I don't know but I'm really happy where I'm at right now.  

      
(Disclaimer: There are more the 23 candles on both of those cakes. I got them all in one breath! Does that mean I get extra wishes?!)

  ANYWAY!  I had a great birthday!  The birthday miracle happened when my package from my family showed up on my door!  This was a miracle because it wasn't expected to come until after my birthday.  I can't express how much I love and miss my family.  They sent the cutest cards.  I got the sweater and skirt I wanted, ribbon and a flower to make a belt, shoes, treats and lots more!  Courtney stopped by the night before and brought me a ceramic hello kitty paint set and a gift card to Red Mango!  ( OH how I love that place! 80 calories of Heaven!!!!)  Lindsay and Nicole took me to lunch at the Tai Kitchen where our friend Sun works and got us free Mango Sticky rice!  Also SO good!  At one point I went out to my car and it was covered in toilet paper and a paper chain!  My friend Brian confessed it was him when he brought me a drink, Butterfingers, and a bamboo plant.  Whitney and her roommates came by with a huge candy poster card, that so funny and I loved it! Later the Dyers and Nicole, made some cake and invited all my friends over for cake and ice cream.  I feel like I have different friends all over the place so I love when everyone can meet and have fun!  I had a really great day.  I really do have the best family and friends ever!  I miss my family SO much all the time but I have great friends who are always here for me and take me in as their own family.
    
           (Eric and Benj, Rachel and Tammy, Dean, Brian and Dustin)
  
(Julia, Mikkel, and Larissa)
Thank you everyone who made it to my birthday celebration!  For those who's pictures didn't make it up I am incredibly sorry.  I still love you and am so glad you came! 
Thank you everyone else for a phone calls, text messages, treats, surprises, love and wishes!  I wish I could have celebrated with everyone, especially all of my family!  I love you all!

No comments: