Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter! another late holiday update

Here is a summary of how I celebrated my Easter.  For the pictures I will let you decide the professional from mine and Courtney's

First and most important I attended church.

Martha inspired us to make these 
"simple" eggs.  I'm sure they are so easy to make when you have a team of 100 other professional egg decorators, unlimited amounts of glue and sparkles. Finding the sparkles should have been our first clue.  We went to approximately 4 stores before finally finding some good tubes of glitter.  If you ever plan on making these eggs I would block out a good couple days for a carton of eggs.


Bakerella makes all of these cute guys.  I got sad and threw in the towl after I burnt the chocolate.  I know my mom will read this and laugh because I ALWAYS burn the chocolate.  You think I would figure it out by now.  Obviously I haven't.  We ended up with a few asteroids and a few chicks.  I had a small moment and was really disappointed.  At this point all of my attempts at making holiday crafts weren't quite the perfection I was hoping.  Some girls struggle with their self image because they want to look exactly like the celebrities.  I struggle with my artistic ability because all the crafts in the magazines look so perfect and easy.  I know my mom would have just whipped out all of these like they were break-n-bake cookies.  One day right?!  I hope one day I will have an ounce of my Mom's artistic talent.  (I currently don't have any photos of my attempt... this might be a good thing.) 


On another egg note.  My mom bought me an easter egg kit that was supposed to make my eggs look like they were made of gold.  Here are my golden eggs.  They were still a fun attempt.  Thanks mom! 

All in all Easter was great.  I really did enjoy all of my craft attempts. It was a beautiful day.  Clear and sunny!  I had a delicious meal from my good friend Jen!  She takes great care of me and I really appreciate her and the rest of her family.  I am satisfied.

No comments: