Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day!

I can't begin to explain how much I love and appreciate my Mom.  I miss her everyday and the longer I have been away, I realize all the things I took for granted growing up.  

My Mom has taught piano my whole life.  Sometimes before or after lessons she would play just for fun.  I never thought anything of it until I wasn't able to hear her play as often anymore.  There are definitely some days when my apartment is all quite and I miss listening to her play. I actually downloaded some piano music a couple months ago because I missed it so much.  It's beautiful music but it's really not the same.  

I miss having someone who will do projects with me.  My Mom is so creative and she's always thinking of new things to do.  When Lauryn and I were little we really got into the whole Beanie Babies craze.  We both tried to collect as many animals as we could get our hands on.  We each had our own set so there were two of each.  On one of the walls in our room my Mom painted a huge mural of Noah's Arc and nailed wooden boxes to the wall to display each of our Beanie Babies "two by two".  I wish I had a picture of it because my description doesn't even come close to how cool it was.  She was asked to paint a mural on an even bigger wall in Taylor's elementary school.  Needless to say it's amazing and I hope stays there forever.  

I couldn't be home for Mothers Day.  It's so hard to be away from her especially today but I hope she knows how much I love her and appreciate her.  She's so loving, caring, creative, funny, supportive, thoughtful, beautiful, compassionate, and everything else I could ever ask for.  I love her and miss her so much.  

Happy Mothers Day!

No comments: