Thursday, August 7, 2008

Who Won the Gold?

Late at night, hours after the lifeguards have gone home for the day and are fast asleep, a group of kids hop the fence and take a midnight dip in the pool.  Sometimes they like to help us out and clean our lawn chairs  and other various pool supply's by giving them a good soak in the pool.  Only they forget about the drying process and leave them to soak over night.  One night last week our little helpers decided to take a token for all their hard work.  I wasn't aware that the lane line was such a hot commodity!  I guess that seems to be the case.  
Our lap swimmers are very confused when they come for their swim and the floating red, white and blue rings are no longer there.   Most approach me while I am surveying the pool and ask where it has gone.  After they hear that it has gone missing, they usually ask me "What would someone do with a lane line?"
Since sitting in a chair for 30 minute increments through out the day leaves me with so much time to think, I have really pondered this question.  I have come up with a few theories...
1. It is a good floatation devise.  So maybe someone lugs it around to other pools and uses it as their own personal floatie.
2. The economy is bad, so maybe there is a pool that's really hurting out there and they are in great need for a lane line.  If this is the case, I'm happy we could help you out.
3. A lane line could make some fun streamers. A bit heavy but I'm sure with some strong hooks and nails it could work.
4. My last thought... The Olympics do start today and maybe someone is just a very big fan of Michael Phelps and to really get them in true Olympic Swimming spirit they felt it necessary to get themselves a lane line. 
And for that fan I give you, Michael Phelps and TWO lane lines.  I think we could work out blowing this picture up to cover at least one of your walls.
   
On the bright side, until our lane line is either returned or replaced I have one less thing to blow my whistle about.  

3 comments:

Courtney Nielson said...

so wait.. what you're saying is that you're gonna blow that picture up and bring it to me?..you're such a peach

the middle hip sister said...

have you checked the precious neighbors back yard?

Lauryn Dawes said...

You crack me up! I can't wait to come home!!! I'm sick of sitting here on the couch watching spongebob and icarly, while I have a large gash in my abdonmen and two small holes in my bellybutton. There are so many things I'm so excited to do... see you in a week!!!