Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"Oh, say, can you see..."

When I was little I was convinced I was the next Dominique Moceanu and I would one day be on the U.S. Women's Gymnastics team.  Well, I never made it to the Olympics but I sure do love watching them.  My family has always gotten into the games.  Christensen favorites are swimming, diving, synchronized diving (I'm really loving this one these days), volleyball (all of them), basketball, and of course gymnastics (both men's and women's).  
The men's gymnastics team competition was on last night and my family was really getting into the competition because the U.S. Men's team wasn't predicted to do as well as they did.  The Chinese team ended up with the Gold, the Japanese team won Silver and our U.S. team won the Bronze.  We were very proud, especially Kipper.  She really enjoyed the Chinese National Anthem and I think she might have a slight crush on one the their team members




















So while my family and I are enjoying the Olympics in the family room, Kipper will be in Taylor's room (as pictured) and Scout will be hiding as far under my parents bed as possible from the thunderstorm approaching.



No comments: