Monday, September 7, 2009

Happiness is going home for a month

I'm sorry I have let yet another few months go by without posting.  

I went home and had surgery.  My doctor (Dr. Seeker) was absolutely fantastic.  He is seriously a great man.  He walked in and acted like we have known each other for years and we were just best friends forever.  That helped a lot.  Surgery went great!  We got everything taken care of and I am feeling back to normal!  

There is no better person to have by your side when you aren't well then my Mom.  I fully learned that after my car accident.  After surgery, the anesthesia had me asking for some funny requests and I guess I kept asking the same questions over and over again.  Mom was patient with me and sat right next to me the whole time.  The best part was getting peonies and ranunculas from her right after surgery from our favorite Austin Flower Mart.  She knows those are both my favorite.   What a lovely lady my Mother is!

I've learned a lot about the power of prayer from everyone who was praying for me.  Thank you!  Thank you to everyone for your kind words, flowers, love, friendship and support!  I have the best friends and family!

I am so glad I was able to be home for the whole thing.  I really believe that healing came through just being home with my family.  They take great care of me.  Lauryn was able to make it down too so we could all be together for a while.  I loved it!  Home is the best remedy.  I believe that 100%.  There was lots of shopping, golfing, hiking, volleyball, SHOPPING, and my personal favorite just hanging out and being together.  I love love LOVE my family so much.  

Thank you again to everyone for your love!  

No comments: