Friday, September 11, 2009

Freedom

“Now, we have inscribed a new memory alongside those others. It’s a memory of tragedy and shock, of loss and mourning. But not only of loss and mourning. It’s also a memory of bravery and self-sacrifice, and the love that lays down its life for a friend–even a friend whose name it never knew. “
- President George W. Bush, December 11, 2001
  
I am sad for those who have lost their lives in the service of our country and the attacks on 9/11.  

I pray for those who are missing a family member today due to the war and the attacks that you will have peace and comfort in your hearts.

I also pray for those who are currently serving our country that you might be protected and you can return back to this great country to your families and enjoy the privileges you have fought so hard for.

I am grateful I live in the country I do where I am able to choose my profession, where I live, the school I go to and most important to me, the religion I practice.  

Thank you to those who fight and sacrifice their lives so I can continue to have my freedoms. 


1 comment:

emi. said...

love you! love this post!