Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"Bueller... Bueller.... Bueller?"

I'm here I promise!  I made it to Utah in one piece!  Thanks Dad for driving the whole way yet another trip!  He's such a trooper.  My Mom made sure to pack us lots of delicious cookies and clementines for the trip.  I think Clementines are my new favorite road trip snack.  Thanks Mom for keeping us well fed and not just on junk food!   
I'm so happy to be back here although I miss my family every day.  It has been very weird not having Lauryn here now.  I'm happy her and Derek are out doing bigger and better things but I'm sad I never get to see them, even if it is just to pick Lauryn up from work and take her home.  I really have been enjoying my time here though.  My best friend Larissa got home from her mission this past summer so she is back in Utah!  Her sister and brother Julia and Darren are up here, along with Larissa's boyfriend Mikkel and we have been having lots of fun.  I have missed these guys very much and it's so good to go and have fun with them again.
 All of the Dyer girls are up here as well.  This past weekend Rachel FINALLY had a volleyball game at home against Airforce.  Rachel played GREAT while Me, Lindsay, Nicole, Tammy, Emily and the rest of the family and friends cheered in our usual Flyer Dyer cheering section.  I really do have the best friends ever.  The Olsons and the Dyers have always made me feel like I am a part of their family and I am so thankful for them!
  
School has been going good, I have met with the Dental Hygiene school to get a feel for what exactly needs to get done.  So the process has begun.  I really wish I could just start today!  I'm really enjoying my classes.  They have all been easy so far and I have not felt a whole lot of stress from school.  This has been a blessing because somehow I have been able to do well in school while really focusing on becoming my best self and enjoying life!  My family and friends have been a huge part helping me and supporting me.  

Cheerleading has also been lots of fun.  We have already had a handful of volleyball games and all have gone well.  This squad is so much fun!  Everyone is great and works hard!  We are about to start to prepare for Nationals and I am so excited!  Competing was my favorite part about cheerleading!  The adrenaline rush you get right before and then all the excitement you feel right after you preform.  I cannot wait!  

That pretty much sums up the last few weeks.  This sort of is a tribute to my great family and friends.  Those who I don't get to see on a regular basis these days I miss so much and I love them lots and lots!  I'm so glad I have great friends and I have really loved making new friends with my roommates and everyone in my ward!

2 comments:

RayRay said...

Kendyl Dyer Christensen... you need to teach me how to make my blog cute.

thats all. love you. miss you already.

the middle hip sister said...

we miss you too! I'm glad everythings going so well and that you are having lots of fun, as well as keeping up with your blog...how do you do it? because you are so awesome...love ya tons